This department carries out diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for various specialties under minimally invasive endovascular techniques, in order to visualize the inside of arteries anywhere in the body.
The Hospital has a state-of-the-art Phillips Allura Xpert FD20 apparatus for shadowless angiography (from the global leader in the field of angiography), including the most novel and updated technological advances for patients.
This angiograph is used with other technological equipment found nowhere else in the country, for greater precision in diagnosis and therapy. For example:
OCT: Optic Coherence Tomography, instead of intravascular ultrasound, using medical imaging of the highest resolution to diagnose cardiovascular conditions.
FFR or Fractional Flow Reserve measurement: This physiological system measures the severity of a coronary flow blockade.
- Cardiac catheterization (left pressure gradient measurement)
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary balloon angioplasty
- Coronary stent angioplasty
- Placement of intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation pump
- Placement of vena cava filter
- Balloon septoplasty
- Closure of inter-auricular communication
- Closure of permeable foramen ovale
- Closure of patent ductus arteriosus by percutaneous route.
Cardiac defibrillation and resynchronization:
- Placement of bicameral/unicameral pacemaker
- Coordination of devices with monitoring systems
- Placement of temporary pacemakers
- Synchronized cardioversion
Peripheral vascular medicine:
- Rechanneling of occluded arteries and veins
- Endovascular diabetic foot therapy
- Venous dilation therapy for multiple sclerosis
- Embolization of malign and benign tumors
- Renal denervation therapy for refractory arterial hypertension treatment
- Four-vessel cerebral arteriography (including 2 carotid / 2 vertebral).
- Embolization of aneurisms, arterial-venous malformations or fistulae
- Stent or balloon angioplasty
- Trigeminal nerve blockade
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Placement of implantable catheters